Meedo Bar

Quick Search

June 14, 2013

Apple’s iPad Mini 2 and new, cheap iPhone could start shipping in August


Although Apple may consider launching 4.7 inch and 5.7 inch iPhones, that will certainly not happen this year. Instead, the Cupertino company will most likely introduce a new and cheap iPhone model, alongside a successor to the iPhone 5 – which should be called iPhone 5S, or iPhone 6.

DigiTimes reports that the cheap iPhone will be manufactured by Pegatron, which plans to start shipping it in August. According to previous rumors, this iPhone has a plastic-made case, and could be sold for $99.99 in the US (on contract). Other details – like screen size and resolution, processor, or internal memory – remain unknown for the moment.

It’s said that Pegatron has also landed orders for Apple’s second-generation iPad Mini, which might start shipping in August, too. Unlike the current iPad Mini, which sports a 7.9 inch screen with 1024 x 768 pixels, the new one should feature a 7.9 inch Retina Display with 2048 x 1536 pixels.

Whenever they hit the market, the cheaper iPhone and the iPad Mini 2 will come with iOS7 – which is a significant upgrade from iOS6, both in terms of looks, and features.

As for the successor to the 9.7 inch iPad, this might not be introduced in 2013, but in early 2014. This will not be manufactured by Pegatron, but by Foxconn – a traditional Apple partner.

Source: Unwiredview.com

1 comment:

  1. My iPad is my life, so when I accidentally broke my screen I was absolutely devastated! Thankfully, I was able to find a reputable ipad repair shop that offered professional assistance for my precious gem. The service reps were very friend and adamant on replacing my screen. They also safeguarded my device against future damages as well! I will also use these tips to make my home screen last longer!

    ReplyDelete