Meedo Bar

Quick Search

October 10, 2012

WD Outs 8 TB My Book Duo and 4 TB My Book


Western Digital (WD) released new high-capacity variants of its My Book and My Book Duo external hard drives. The Thunderbolt-equipped My Book Duo series is expanded with a new 8 TB variant, which uses a pair of 4 TB drives in an internal RAID 0 configuration. Measuring 99 x 157 x 165 mm (WxDxH), the My Book Duo 8 TB weighs 2.26 kg. It uses an internal PSU, and features two Thunderbolt I / O ports that allow you to set up daisy-chains with other My Book Duo units, or other devices. The new 8 TB variant is priced at $ 849.99.

WD also introduced a 4 TB variant of its My Book USB 3.0 hard drive. The My Book encloses a single 4 TB hard drive. Measuring 48 x 135 x 165 mm (WxDxH), it weighs about 1.18 kg. It includes an internal power supply, and uses USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ​​interface (backwards compatible with USB 2.0) to communicate with the host. It is priced at US $ 250.


Sourse: Techpowerup.com



No comments:

Post a Comment